Jo-Ann Marzullo is a partner in the Real Estate Department who brings a no-nonsense, can-do attitude to transactions, efficiently completing high stakes, time-sensitive transactions without drama. She is known for having a disarming way with people.
In sales and acquisitions, Jo-Ann represents buyers and sellers in transactions involving single or multiple commercial sites (including land assemblages). She represents owners as to construction and design professional contracts. She works with the firm’s Health Care Department in the representation of sale, purchase and financing, including HUD financing of single and multiple skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities. She represents retailers in the acquisition, leasing and development of big box locations, as well as landlords and various retail tenants in strip centers and regional malls.
Jo-Ann is a frequent writer for and serves on the editorial board of the Shopping Center Law & Strategy published by the International Council of Shopping Centers. She has lectured at the U.S. Law Conference of the International Council of Shopping Centers, Real Property, Trust and Estate Section of the American Bar Association and ALI-ABA, among others.
- Northeastern University, BA, with highest honors, 1981
- Boston University Law School, JD, magna cum laude, 1984
- Boston Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Real Property, Trust and Estate Section, Real Property Vice Chair
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Editorial Board of Retail Law Strategist and Planning Committee for US Law Conference
- Co-Chair and co-founder of the Sustainability Group, a former director of CREW Boston and member of its Legacy Council
- Represented retailers in acquisition (including land assemblages), leasing development and construction of big box locations and landlords in strip centers and regional malls.
- Represented nursing home operators in the sale and financing, including HUD loans.
- Represented corporation in acquisition, development and sale and leaseback of headquarters campus including office building and distribution center.
- Avoided lender’s liability for an over $2 million unfunded construction overage by rewriting estoppel letter requested by general contractor.
- Who’s Who Legal Real Estate since 2010
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member of Abstract Club