Larry is a member of the Trusts & Estates Group. He has been practicing law for over 35 years in the areas of wealth transfer, probate law, estate and trust administration, employee benefits law, and tax law.
In the estate planning area, Larry advises clients on ways to leave property to beneficiaries with the minimum of tax consequences and to achieve the personal and family objectives of each client. He is well versed in the full range of options, including trusts, lifetime gifts and life insurance. He also has extensive experience in drafting prenuptial agreements.
Larry handles all aspects of estate and trust administration, including probate court filings, tax planning, preparation of estate and fiduciary tax returns. He also provides clients with advice on guardianships, conservatorships, and will contests.
In the area of employee benefits, Larry counsels clients on the tax, ERISA, accounting, state law, and business implications of all types of employee benefit plans, such as qualified retirement plans, non-qualified deferred compensation plans, stock option plans, and fringe benefit plans. He has established cafeteria plans, dependent care plans and medical expense reimbursement plans for a variety of businesses and organizations.
- Middlebury College, AB, cum laude, 1974
- Georgetown University, MA, 1976
- Boston University School of Law, JD, 1979
- Boston University School of Law, LLM in Taxation, 1985
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Estate Planning Council
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer every year from 2010 – 2016
- Top Rated Lawyer in Trusts & Estates in 2013 by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell