Beverly is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property and Technology Group. Her practice focuses on the prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications, trademark prosecution, and related matters such as opinions, licensing, and intellectual property portfolio assessments.
Beverly practices particularly in the fields of mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, materials, medical devices, optics, manufacturing, structural and civil engineering, and computer-implemented inventions. She has written and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications for clients of all sizes, from individual inventors and small and medium size enterprises to large corporations and universities.
Prior to attending law school, Beverly was a Patent Examiner with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office examining patent applications in a mechanical art unit.
- Lehigh University, BS in Civil Engineering, 1979
- Princeton University, MSE in Engineering, 1982
- Boston University School of Law, JD, 1988
- Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Boston Patent Law Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Association
- American Bar Association
- American Society of Civil Engineers