David combines over 50 years of experience as a business lawyer with a concentration in business counseling and commercial real estate leasing, development and financing, franchising, project finance and public-private partnerships.
David’s extensive involvement in real estate transactions includes representation of some of the country’s largest national and regional retailers and commercial developers, as well as representation of some of the largest and most active mortgage lenders.
David’s practice involves corporate financings, corporate planning and structuring, mergers and acquisitions, and general business law. He also has extensive experience in project finance, privatization of governmental services, leasing and land-use matters.
David has acted as a business counselor for a wide range of businesses, including health care, retail, hotel, manufacturing, environmental service and commercial development companies. He assists companies in preparing business plans and financing programs, identifying financing sources, making appropriate market selections, and drafting key agreements.
- University of Massachusetts, AB, magna cum laude, 1959
- Harvard Law School, JD, cum laude, 1962
- National Council for Public-Private Partnerships, Sponsor
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Leasing and development of BJ’s Wholesale Club stores.
- Leasing for Filene’s Basement stores throughout the Northeast.
- Leasing for Au Bon Pain Co., Inc. throughout the United States.
- Leasing of the Bloomingdale’s store in Mall of America, Bloomington, MN; sale of the Bloomingdale’s store in Stamford, CT for use as a state college; leasing of Macy stores in Nashua and Rockingham, NH, Natick and Framingham, MA and South Portland, ME.
- Disposition of various Home Club stores to Home Depot and others.
- Development and leasing for all Rich’s Department Stores locations.
- Development of One Post Office Square in Boston, MA.
- Development of shopping centers in Concord, Keene, Nashua and Gilford, NH; Salem, Greenfield and Saugus, MA; Napanoch, Tamaqua and Monroe, NY; Southgate, MI; Berwick, PA; Barre, St. Johnsbury Derby, VT; and Prince Georges County, MD.
- Development of Assisted Living projects.
- Development of wastewater treatment, sludge composting and waste to energy facilities.
- Development of a private jail.