Justin is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation Department and Bankruptcy Group. Justin’s litigation practice includes advising clients and resolving disputes over commercial transactions, trademark enforcement, fiduciary duties, employment relationships, fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and other issues facing businesses and business owners. Justin also has significant experience handling bankruptcy matters and out-of-court insolvency situations, including avoidance actions, distressed asset sales, negotiating with creditors, administering assignments for the benefit of creditors, and providing counsel to debtors, creditors, and bankruptcy trustees.
Prior to joining the firm, Justin served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert J. Cordy of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. During law school, he interned for the Honorable Frank J. Bailey of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Massachusetts and served as executive articles editor of the New England Law Review. Prior to attending law school, Justin managed a large regional restaurant and brewery for several years.
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, BA, cum laude, 2003
- New England School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, 2013
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Obtained favorable result for commercial building product manufacturer in construction case.
- Obtained injunction barring competition and use of trade secrets by former executive and his new company.
- Prosecuted and defended trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Obtained declaratory judgment from bankruptcy court recognizing lender’s security interest in chattel paper valued at $4 million.
- Obtained favorable result for bankruptcy trustee in fraudulent conveyance action against principal of mortgage company.
- Successfully defended fraud and legal malpractice actions against debtor’s law firm.
- Debtor’s counsel to real estate developer with complex international asset and debt portfolio.
- Counsel to assignee of international lobster distributor under assignment for the benefit of creditors.
- Counsel to bankruptcy trustee in sales and auctions of various business assets, including equipment, inventory, intellectual property, liquor licenses, and leases.
- Justin was named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Justin was named a member of the Boston Bar Association’s 14th Public Interest Leadership Program Class, 2017-2018