Stewart is a member of the firm’s Bankruptcy Group. His practice focuses on financial disputes, workouts, alternative liquidation proceedings, asset protection, creditor and debtor rights, corporate transactions and commercial litigation and business and bankruptcy reorganizations. He has served as a Bankruptcy Trustee, Assignee under Assignment for Benefit of Creditors and State Court Receiver in thousands of cases.
Stewart has acted as a professional fiduciary and counsel to debtors, trustees and receivers. He has resolved complicated financial issues, reorganized businesses and individuals, liquidated tangible and intangible assets, negotiated complicated disputes, and litigated when necessary irresolvable commercial situations.
Since 1995, Stewart has served on the panel of Chapter 7 Trustees for the District of Massachusetts. Prior to joining Posternak, Stewart was a Named Partner at Looney & Grossman LLP, Boston MA, which ceased operations in 2015.
- American University, BS, 1969
- Boston College Law School, JD, cum laude, 1973
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Trustee of the Year Award from the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Trustee’s Office, 2002 and 2003
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer every year from 2006 – 2018
- Boston’s Best Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Lawyers by US News and World Report, 2011-present
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation