Dan is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Department. His national practice is focused on all areas of real estate with a particular focus on the acquisition, sale, leasing and development of commercial property.
Dan has worked with a wide variety of clients including investment funds and REITs, commercial developers, Fortune 500 corporations, national retailers, banks and closely-held businesses. He also has specialized expertise in the construction, finance and permitting of commercial and residential projects.
- University of New Mexico, BA in Architecture, 1991
- University of Denver, JD, 1998
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Boston Bar Association
- Boston Chamber of Commerce
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- NAIOP, MA Chapter Executive Committee, 2006-2011; Former Chair of Programs, Education and Special Events Committees
- Representation of an Industrial REIT in connection with over 25 national acquisitions ranging from $5,000,000 to $25,000,000 per property.
- Representation of an institutional investor in connection with a $65,000,000 acquisition of a multi-building suburban office park.
- Representation of an office REIT in connection with a $72,000,000 acquisition of an urban multi-building office property.
- Representation of sellers in over $700,000,000 of sale-leaseback transactions.
- Acquisition and sale of many office, industrial, retail and mixed use buildings.
- Representation of a Fortune 20 national retail chain with the acquisition and development of over 100 new stores nationwide.
- Representation of landlords and tenants nationally in connection with the negotiation of tens of millions of square feet of office, retail and industrial leases.
- Representation of commercial developers in connection with the permitting and development of new office, industrial, retail, residential and mixed use projects.
- Negotiation of construction and design contracts.
- Representation of a national convenience/gas store chain in the acquisition and development of over 30 new store locations.
- Dan was named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star in 2007.