Michael is a Partner both in the Corporate and Real Estate groups. He is also the co-chair of the Real Estate group and is involved in all aspects of real estate from acquisition to disposition. He acts as counsel and advisor to real estate owners, developers, financial organizations and management companies. His practice has involved him in multi-family properties, office properties and retail properties to name a few.
In addition to his real estate expertise, his practice includes advising corporate entities of all sizes from family, closely-held businesses to national companies. His work includes advising and creating corporations including mergers, financing, acquisition, sales and transfers.
His financing experience is both on the lender and borrower sides from traditional to non-traditional financing. Financing includes purchase money lending, construction lending, general corporate borrowings and refinancing.
Michael joined Posternak following more than 30 years with Rubin, Weisman, Colasanti, Kajko & Stein, LLP, where he was one of the founding members.
- Boston College, BS, 1972
- Suffolk University Law School, JD, 1975
- New York
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, Supreme Court of United States
- Massachusetts Association of Bank Counsel, Past President
- Sale of Foreign Motors West to the Herb Chambers Companies.
- Development of Capital Commons office tower.
- Purchase of Northgate Shopping Center, Portland, ME.
- Refinance of Burlington Shopping Center.
- Act as Outside General Counsel to Busa Bros. Liquor, Kagan Development, Sentinel Benefits, Charles George Trucking, Crystal Warehouse, Inc., among others.